Monday, March 2, 2015

My Carolina BBQ *THM S*

So this week hubby requested Carolina BBQ for dinner and after looking for a recipe I liked the looks of and not finding one I ran up one of my southern bell friends and got some tips! Here is the recipe I came up with that was a winner! 

Base pork

Your choice cut of pork (I used a boneless pork butt from Aldi)
1 small onion
3 cloves of garlic
Salt
Pepper
Water

Chop onion and garlic and toss all ingredients in a crock pot and fill with water to half covering the meat. Cook on low at least 8-12 hrs. I ended up going on a day trip that lasted longer then expected and it want for 24 hrs! It was beautifully tender but i normally dont have that kinda time.... but a shorter amount of time is awesome too! When cooked pull apart the pork using forks.
*tip* save the broth and cook some dry beans in it over night, totally yummy!

Sauce

1 cup Apple cider vinegar (ACV)
3 tbs tomatoe sauce
1 pinch (doonk for THM) stevia
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of salt
1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Aldi brand)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together and pour over the pulled pork.
*tip* you make this ahead of time and store of the fridge to sort of brew.

Enjoy!  ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment