Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Chicken vegetable curry *THM E*

Was in the mood for curry today so I tossed together a quick chicken vegetable curry.  I used boneless skinless chicken breast,  low fat Greek yogurt, to keep it low fat for a trim healthy mama E or energizing meal. I served it over quinoa as I dislike rice quite a bit,  but you can use rice if it's your preference. The recipe serves 5.

Chicken Vegetable Curry

2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 onion
1 bell pepper
3 roma tomatoes
Package of mushrooms
3 carrots
1&1/3 cup non fat Greek yogurt
2 tbs curry spice mix
1tsp cumin
1tsp turmeric
1tsp chili powder
1tsp garlic powder
1/2 tbs pepper
Salt to taste
Dash of cayenne pepper
1/3 cup water

Chop onion and bell pepper and sautee in a pot, chop carrots and put them in a small pot to boil to soft. Chop the mushrooms into quarters and tomatoes in to smaller pieces and toss in with onion and bell pepper so sautee. When cooked through put in a bowl and set aside. Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and cook through then add the vegetables including carrots and the water and simmer.  In bowl (you can use the one from the vegetables) mix yogurt and spices,  I do it this way so I can taste it and adjust the spices to taste if needed. Pour over chicken and vegetables and mix up. I like it to set a while to get really flavorful but be careful not to simmer to much or it could curdle.
Serve over rice or quinoa.

With the vegetables I just used what I had on hand. I wanted to add cauliflower and zucchini but didn't have any on hand. You can really use any veggies you want or even do just all chicken for that matter!  ;)
Enjoy!  ♡

2 comments:

  1. What is curry spice mix? Curry powder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is curry spice mix? Curry powder?

    ReplyDelete