Monday, April 20, 2015

Cream of mushroom soup *THM S*

I love cream of mushroom soup, I love to cook with it and even eat it by the bowl its just amazing! Might even be my favorite soup ever! I was really wanting some for dinner so I came up with a quite yummy recipe if I do say so myself! ;) it serves 3-4

Cream of mushroom soup

8 oz container of mushrooms
1/4 onion
1/2 cup heavy cream
1&1/3 cup water or milk
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum or glucci
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs butter

Slice onion in thin strips and sautee in butter in medium pot till translucent. Slice the mushrooms,  i cut each in half and sliced the halves as i like smaller pieces. Toss in with the onions and sautee till soft then add a bit of water to simmer them. Add the rest of the ingredients except the xanthan gum.  And let cook together being careful not to boil. Slowly add and wisk in the xanthan gum when the soup is hot. Whisk a few more minutes and turn on low mixing occasionally till it gets thicker.
        
         Serve hot and enjoy!  ♡

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy! I was wondering if you thought this would taste good with canned mushrooms?

    ReplyDelete